Monday, August 11, 2008

Honk! You Knew We Couldn't End Summer Without a Lake Post!

I call this sweetie Quakerack... He reminds me of another duck I know.... one in Philadelphia who actually talks! Long story! But trust me. He talks. Hey... do you guys realize that school starts for teachers in two days. We have technology workshops and Back to School workshops, working in our rooms, and I dunno what else workshops. It's amazing that my summer did eventually get away from me because at first it seemed very long... nice, but so long that my trips to the Lake on Fridays were eons apart... Well, this Friday's crowd got a treat of Wonder Bread crumbs, and they were quite appreciative....
I call this guy Knot-head... He doesn't seem to mind. I am sure there is a name for this particular kind of goose with the bumbly beak....
Knot-head's full profile... Lovely day for a stroll.
What a cute name for a coffee house. It's drive through, of course, and I could swear by their sugar free fat free latte with white chocolate and strawberry or with English Toffee... I think they make it full on sugar and cream and just lie! It's fabulous. I get a cup and head to the Lake... now it will be in the afternoons on every other Thursday while my mom is at the beauty shop....

When I drive up, my girls are resting in the shade.. But if it's early enough and many lake visitors haven't already filled their little tummies, my old waddle girl comes first. She is Dartha... after her brother Darth Vader.
Not only does she share his mask, but also his wheeze.... but she wags her tail while she eats like a friendly farm dog. She can barely waddle.. That's why we're friends.
Finally, Pablo arrives, and he's pretty sure I have saved at least one big slice for him. Sometimes he's right, but this day he was wrong... and you can see he's smart mouthing me about it right here! Can you see the beady eye telling me off? Yep.
Well, better get used to a variety of squawks, for next Monday the whole flock turns into wonderful young people at school in my English classes... eager for knowledge and clamoring for my every.... wait a minute... I'm not sure this started out as a fairy tale, did it? Have a good day...

1 comment:

Tyler said...

I have a kitten that's the same way- sometimes when she meows, its like she's talking to me- almost like in complete sentences.. lol