Tuesday, August 26, 2008

A clever little award from Becky


Thanks, Becky K. at Hospitality Lane....for this cute VISA BFF (Blogging Friends Forever) award! Your new look on the blog is inspirational, classy, and sassy... Just what we all adore. I love reading all your entries!
Okay, so I never ever pick anyone for an award, but this one seems to really require it. I'm going with the blogs that I have read for the longest. So, these dear blogs have become a loving routine.. and one new.... and one in another part of the country.
In England, the first blog I ever read:
Alison's BrocanteHome: You have cheered me up and touched my heart. Your lovely "scrumptiousness" pervades everything you do. Although you are not new, you remain ever new. I never know what I'll see when I touch base with you!
Second chronologically speaking was Posy, also in England. I'll never forget your feet in front of the fireplace shot! Ahhh... relax with this lovely blog.
Third comes Cindy from My Romantic Home: Oh, to have her talent and her eye.... what a true beauty her home has become. I never fail to check her blog daily.
Cindy led me to one of my all-time favorites, too... Tracey, at Notes from a Cottage Industry. I have developed so much passion for details, for feathering my nest and preparing little graphic/papery surprises through the years, but never with such a champion as you!
And fifth, the newest blogger I always read is my dear Lisa at Cranberry Flats. I am lucky enough to have been her teacher in high school and her friend for the rest of our lives. Her blog is rather new, but she has totally mastered the touch of photos and sassy chatter mixed with real depth and heart. I love you, Lisa.
There... Your rules are to award this VISA to five blogs. One needs to be a new blog from across the world, but I didn't quite do it that way since my two oldest bloggy loves are my overseas ladies. And these are by no means all I read! I love so many of you to pieces. To all the others, and there are so many... I adore your blogs, too... If I had my way, I'd blog all day! haha... Reading about your lives is very inspirational, calming, and cozy...

5 comments:

Cindy said...

Thank you so much for including me in this award! It's so touching that you are friends with a former student!

Julie said...

Oh - that is a good award for you! I really enjoy visiting your blog.

Anonymous said...

You deserve this award! I lived in Marceline many years ago, just love reading your blog -- I know so many of the places you talk about, it is like coming "back home"

The Liberty Belle said...

congratulations on the award!

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for this award!!! I am a bit late in posting here, but rest assured, I am flattered!
Tracey