Friday, March 14, 2008

Frozen Fog

This was a photo from Flickr, but it looks so much like the drive to school this morning. Fog wheeled in through the night, even activating my dear little WeatherBug on the computer. But as in the ending of Thomas Hardy's Tess of the D'Urbervilles, "I slept on unknowing." Last night was a crash and burn night for me. I told my mom that I just didn't feel good. And as all good mothers do, she asked questions and actually cared "just what" didn't feel good. Finally she said, "It sounds like you are just really really tired." Imagine that. What a diagnosis. Not a touch of the flu or a sinus flare up. Not a little too much sugar or too little caffeine... just tired. This new Daylight Savings Time is doing me in this week. I have averaged (until last night) 2 hours and 45 minutes every night. Today after about seven hours of sleep "that knits the raveled sleeve of care" I am a lot better. My eyes even see better. Imagine that.


This is my Irish weekend. After Saturday morning I plan to have a lot of Irish stuff going on... cooking and listening to my Irish music. I have a secret. I bought one of these. !!!!!!!!! I have wanted one for absolutely years and years. They have a payment plan of 49 bucks a month for a year. Last week I called and bit the bullet. It came last night, and I hooked it up and played one of my Solitudes CD's. I love the one called Forest Cello. But they have all been good. Well, I attribute the beautiful dreamtime to this. My only wish is that I could have swung the 5 CD changer, too. Then I could have had the whole night covered in music. However, scientists say people rest better if they drift off to music and then have somewhat silence during the night. If so, wow... I sure had that. And yeah, I'd say the hype is right. That was the purest music I have heard in years. I have thought maybe I was losing my ability to appreciate muic because it just didn't sound good. I will have to say THAT was heaven. I can't wait to listen to all my other CD's. And just like a teenager, I am gunnin' for the first time my mom is gone and I am home; I'm cranking that baby UP to see what she does at 125!!!!! haha..
So, come by for a cup of tea or irish coffee this weekend and have a little listen to my beauiful Enya. And even though it is that "darn mournful music" as my cousin calls it, I will be grooving to the Celtic pipes of my homeland long ago. In the spring of 1604 my Irish ancestor, John Tedford, arrived from the Emerald Isle... Isn't that reason enough to bake a bit of Irish soda bread and maybe a mint cookie or two? And what about good old Irish stew...??? yep... You take the high road, and I'll take the low road... ooops... that's the wrong ancestor... Uh... "the pipes, the pipes are play----ing".... Have a fun weekend.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are going to LOVE your new toy. I'm jealous, I want one for my IPOD. Mom got one befoe Christmas, music just resonates thru the house in such a wonderful way. Money well spent!! Casablancalily xoxoxo

Anonymous said...

Oops, sorry my dear english teacher. It's "before".

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Gayla, So up my alley. Well, we just finished our corned beef sandwiches and I played the cello in high school, so I still love hearing those sounds. I will be celebrating with you this weekend. Susan

the said...

Freezing fog? I would scream if that comes here !! Im wanting Spring so badly!!

Have a wonderul weekend,
Stephanie