Saturday, January 19, 2008

Nevermore. . . Well, actually probably many times, but.... Edgar would want me to say "nevermore."


Mr. Spiff, the crow, would like to introduce you to my afternoon's work.--- well, starting with a bit of history.... Last week my friends and I went on a huge shopping trip. I was lucky enough to have some cash from my mom and Santa (Christmas stocking) and a gift certificate from my son, so I bought these cute hearts and a desk for my new "digs." I have patiently waited all week, but one thing came up and then another. It wouldn't fit in the back seat of the car; my son's back was in pain due to a pinched nerve; and people who had trucks were just plain busy. I was talking to one of the girls who went with me last weekend, and she wanted to know how the desk was coming along. My mom says I hinted, but I think I just whined because I sure didn't expect her to surprise me with it... but she did... In about an hour and a half, there she was with her brother. Voila! My desk was home.... So this corner of my room went from blah..... (see below)

(How embarrassing... piles of junk, computer paper, wires....a bad corner of the room!
to Wow....
Don't you just love it...
My computer had to put on Tracey's mittens due to the temperature. It's -2 degrees right now... Missouri is brrrr cool, huh? Bitter... Once upon a midnight dreary, while I sat here weak and weary..... I sighed a little sigh of ah.... Mr. Spiff is a tad embarrassed with all the pink and the roses... but after all, when in Paris, we must bedeck ourselves.
I love it. So cozy.... I have a chair at home I'm trying to telekinetic-ly move over here... a huge comfy wingback.... ???? Then it will be amazing.....
-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-
Tomorrow is crockpot chili.... and some kind of salad, cookies, little Smokies.... NO offense to anyone, but Go! Greenbay!!! I have loved the Packers since I was ten years old and a war buddy brought his little daughter to my home from Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin. We made a pact to be forever friends, and I think she required me to vow to be a Packer Fan... With Favre, it has been so much fun. I think this will be his last year. I would love to see him get another ring.... I'm the only football watcher in my family. I will have to make all the Superbowl snacks just for me... (What a pity, eh?)

6 comments:

A Cottage Industry said...

LOL! You are crackin' me up and your computer DOES look warm and cozy! The mittens are a perfect fit!
Tracey

the said...

I just saw those hearts in a store today and they were so cute.Try and stay warm :)

Penny from Enjoying The Simple Things said...

Love the hearts! And what a great friend to get that desk to you! It looks perfect in your room!
Penny

the said...

Hello again ,
Im stopping to tell you I tagged you from my blog to do a cute quick survey.
Hope you dont mind :)
Please stop by when you can !!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

The room looks wonderful!!!! Stay warm!! It is ffffff-freezin' here right now!!!

Becky

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Great new desk and area...I expect that brilliant and creative things will come from that part of your house. The hearts are just lovely. Susan