Saturday, July 28, 2007

Saturday at the Movies - Anne Frank

Lovely video about my Anne. I just finished watching The Freedom Writers. OH, what a wonderful movie. When it came out to the theaters, a neighboring school took all their teachers to watch it. THAT would have been awesome. I had an awesome time myself. I got to watch it with my son, all alone, just the two of us with home baked lasagna, garlic bread, salad, and brownies. Rare treat to get to be together now... and I love his friends, but after all those days with our kids as little ones, isn't it fun to have a minute again? This video shows some beautiful and sad scenes from the Anne Frank movie I show after we read the play. I love Anne. My dear dear friend (the one with the baked Alaska?)told me I would adore Freedom Writers, and I did. I always gear back up for school with teacher movies: Dangerous Minds, The Principal, Stand and Deliver, and a few more... I'm so glad to have seen this one. Have a fun weekend...

1 comment:

Betty Jo said...

Gayla thanks so much for your visit. Yes, I know what you mean about the special moments with your son. Our daughter-in-love, and two precious granddaughters, will be away this next week for four days. Our son will come for dinner at least one of those nights. We love them all to pieces, and it seems odd to have him, without them, but it is such a nice time to have him "home" again. I haven't seen Freedom Writers. I'm putting it on my "must see" list. xoxo