Monday, June 25, 2007

Yep... I think maybe we have a new cat Noir and maybe by day, as well. Yesterday when I arrived home, I noticed the cutest little skinny kitty about an eighth of a mile down the gravel road that runs east of our house. I scooted my car down beside it/her (always a her, huh?) and of course, she scurried into the ditch, but not too far. I drove back to my driveway, rolled down my window and did my "here kitty, kitty thing" for a long time, and gradually she came down the road and waited just out of reach, too timid to come on. I came in, forgot about her, and was a little shocked when my son came in and announced, "You ought to shut your car window. There was a cat in there!" Well, about four bowls full of cat chow and bread and milk later, she seems really friendly... not particularly pretty, but a nice little gal. Inside, Sal is pretty ticked off to see her precious tub of Deli Cat removed from its throne under the sink and she doesn't get any of it.

Oh, yeah... This is the beginning of my birthday week. I think I mentioned that before. Oh, dear. 53 years. No, Oprah, this WASN'T the year for me to get it all together, lose weight, pay off my debts, or any of those wonderful, motivational things you offered on your show. 52 was okay. A bit memorable for some silly escapades and a bit forgettable for some others, if you know the kind. Tonight I did two loads of laundry, got seven gifts ready to wrap when I uncover where I have hid the scotch tape, and did the dishes so I'd have a pretty sink in the morning. Today was a good day at my parents with salad, chicken wings, pizza, and strawberry shortcake. The best part was that Daddy was a bit better and ate a little more, (translation.... something!). Mom and I played in the doll clothes, and I brought home a big trash bag full to sell. What she doesn't know is that I'm hoping to rework some of them and dress two dolls for her birthday. I am hoping to make a flower peddler and a tinker peddler doll from two bisque ladies I had in my shop... Kind of a cheap gift since both the dolls and the clothes are coming from Mom's stash. I will just provide the "creativity." Ha ha. I ordered a battery for my camera, so when it comes, I'll take their photo and post it. Have a super week...

1 comment:

a pink-bee said...

What a nice blog you have :) Sounds like you have a new kitten:)