Saturday, December 12, 2020

A Little Cheer!

Finally... Hope you are all doing ok. Today was a great day. I woke up about 3 a.m. and my son was already up. We decided to watch some tv while a few rows got added to a  shawl I need to get in the mail. I have 3 and a half rounds to go! 

In my move of furniture I carved out a nook in the kitchen for my desk. So far, I enjoy getting a little more organized... as in having a place for things... I have a stack of books waiting for cozy afternoons that came from a dear friend <3, my bill drawer, my makeup, and correspondence/Bible Study/Planner space. I impulse bought that black desk in a favorite shop several years ago... Not the easiest drawers to open and close and not my color furniture usually, but I liked the small size and cozy charm... That Jim Shore Santa was Mama's... She loved him when he had his shows on qvc... And my dad and I created the shadow box in 1973 I think. He made the frames, and I used 3 calendars to do the 3 D... we made 10 or 11 of them as gifts, and I have four seasons--- Mom's, one each from my two grandmothers after they passed... and this winter one I kept... Through the window you see a glimpse of his collection of insulators and floats...  



I am not done with the tree decor yet, but we used a pencil tree this year. Santa is going fishing! He is, I assume, working from home this year! Seriously, my dad chose this Santa to gift to his father a long time ago because Grandad was a fisherman extraordinaire. (PS spellchecker says there are 3 d's in grandad-- granddad...??? I have never spelled it like that...)


I think my little kitty has reclaimed this quilt from last year... she has slept in this chair so much that she worried me... I googled it, and the posts all said cats slept between 18 and 22 hours a day! I never noticed when she divided up her time! lol...


"Man, dem are sum berry big birds!" She is fascinated by our wild turkeys, so majestic. I have counted way over 20 in my flock. I hope hunting season is over. I don't allow hunting here. but this flock moves over to neighboring farms... and they do... I know the rationale from the hunting community... and they may be correct... just not here...


Talk to you soon... Today and yesterday have been dark and lovely... with a chilled drizzle sent to harbor even more contentment at staying inside. Tonight is keto taco salads, but lunch was a little cheat of chicken wings with real bbq sauce... 

7 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your kitty is gorgeous, and I LOVE seeing her LOVE the turkeys! I think they may be a Christmas gift to her! Your tiffany lamp is gorgeous I have always wanted one. Love the shadow box & tiny house, too!!

Susie said...

Gayla. I laughed about your cat watching the turkeys. So darn funny. Today on my way to town I drove by the woods that Ted and I have spotted a couple turkeys near. They actually were down the road at the next brushy woods and entered it before I could get a proper picture. Their heads are blue. I like the desk near the windows. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Lovely post! Thank you for sharing your sweet things and kittie too. My Murphy (black Lab) likes to bark at our wild turkeys.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Your home is so lovely and warm and cozy looking... Perfect, for damp, dreary days... For loving staying home...

And your decorations are lovely too.

🎄 🎅 🎁 🎄

Pam said...

Such a sweet post. I love your little desk area and you have given me the idea to do the same. Your kitty is precious.

Grace & Peace,
Pam

Carol @Comfort Spring Station said...

Like your fishing Santa and tree. Your kitty looks so sweet. It's amazing how many hours they can sleep. I'm with you about the hunting and I hope they respect your wishes. Merry Christmas!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Oh dear, where to start? I feel that you and your blog have been given to me as an early Christmas gift. I lost my mother on October 21st so I understand and feel your love for things that belonged to and were special to your parents. I have been lugging my mother's first Bible (she came to know the Lord at age 34) to church in place of the small purse-sized Bible I have carried for years. Mom's Bible is so full of her note-taking in the New Testament that I can hardly listen to the sermon for wanting to read what she wrote. Just to have her handwriting under my fingers comforts me although sometimes's it's a stab in the heart.

Your cat is darling. I, a lifelong dog person, rescued a tuxedo cat eighteen months ago. Long story. I adore my little chiweenie Rizzo but Sweetness may be the love of my life. I don't think she sleeps 22 hours a day but Rizzo sure does, haahaa.

I wish I had your view outside my window ... of the fields and the turkeys too. I too love dark, chilly, drizzly, gray days. My TG thinks I'm crazy. He's all about sunny days and, having grown up in Northwest Ohio, particularly loves cold sunny days. I hate those kind of days and ignore them! Haaahaha xoxo