Saturday, August 18, 2018

Make up Your Melon!

No. This is not a reveal....(unless you count it as a revelation of just how wacky I am)... A couple years ago I painted a kitchen cabinet with "Little Billy Goat" tomato red mineral paint. Then I glazed it and top coated it, added a little glowstick.... LOVED it. (The front below on the right....)




Then.... In the spirit of renovation out with the old and in with the new, I decided to repaint it and all my cabinets a chalk paint called linen.... I dark waxed them... Then....I white waxed them....  Here is the early shot of the linen... But, ...... See that pretty red glaze?


Alas!... I am not really the clean, shabby chic, farmhouse girl at the core.....  so...in the end, I got my "parky carcass" (my mom's favorite term for lazy butt!) out of bed at 3:15 a.m.  And I started the process of three coats of "Little Billy Goat" tomato, glaze, and top coat...  Oh, my goodness!


I want to be done and eat watermelon in a month without an "R" in its name. My poor little cat who never says a word has decided enough is enough... and she wanders the house meowing all night...  My son does a close second, but a 37 year old man meows differently.... not as mournful but a bit testy....

We I got rid of all our recliners except one... and the back fell off of the one I chose to be the sole survivor! "No rest for the wicked."

Almost done. I can taste the watermelon now!

Whimsy and Hugs!

4 comments:

linda said...

Wow! Your remodel is going to be great!
Linda

Miss Merry said...

I can't wait!!!!!! (and I bet you can't either!)

Sue said...

Your reveal is going to be great, Maybe it will motivate me to do something with my cabinets. ~smile~ Thanks for sharing, gets some rest.
Sue

From My Country Sunrise said...

Awesome~~Just love it all♥ i know you do to and will enjoy it so much♥Coffee soon