Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The cool truth...


Summer is here, resplendent with its sunsets, birds, lilies...  The trees sing every morning before their myriads of birds fly from their branches, heading out into air packed with layers of cool, temperate, even balmy temperatures.  Long days and short, name-calling, electric nights whisper to my spirit.

The moon slips back into a gentle lull before the giant July full moon enlightens the early night sky.  Mom and I had a lovely birthday.  We celebrated with dear family and sweet friends...  New watermelon dishes grace our summer table, and we grab each of these cool days knowing the fierceness of usual July sun.



My lilies perform without attention, brilliantly...  Sweet and seemingly delicate,yet very resilient and hardy to survive the winter we had and the drought of last summer.

I've been tempering my dreams with long, blowing lace curtains that open to a night sky and bring in fresh summer breezes...  Oddly enough, when I awaken in the wee hours of these July mornings....  The dream becomes the reality..  How cool is that?

Have a beautiful Fourth!

6 comments:

wendy said...

What a nice post! I live the evening picture and the watermelon bowls and cups! Have a wonderful 4th!

Latane Barton said...

I hope you have a wonderful fourth of July...and it stays cool and you can have watermelon and maybe some ice cream and some fireworks if you wish.

NanaDiana said...

Gayla- That dream that becomes an early morning reality is TOO cool! xo Diana

Gayla said...

Thanks for the little visit. Wish you could stop in for a summer snack.

Gayla said...

That watermelon was really good. .. we got a small one with almost no seeds. Take care.

Gayla said...

It is fun. I am dreaming way more since I retired. Lol