Thursday, July 18, 2013

Ordinary Magic...

Yesterday and the day before----- charmed by an ordinary magic.  On Tuesday, a rare treat, a trip with my son to Columbia.

First, the Doc, then lunch at my absolute favorite restaurant,  Applebee's.  I pronounced their Oriental Chicken Salad, my choice for last meal if I'm ever on a Death Row....  "Good to know, Mom." He grinned...  His plate, perfectly Paleo, sizzled loudly for a good five minutes after it was served...  Steak, mushrooms, onions, broccoli....  You get the picture. (His current weight loss is 226#).  The conversation, though...  When you have adult children, you gather every opportunity to have golden times to just sit and talk...  and they are Magic...  extraordinary magic...

We did some swooping through car lots...  Boys Men love to to that forever...

For the evening meal Mom had sent for grilled K F C with one extra crispy leg!  Had a quick drop-in by my LONG-ago college Roomie.  Then a surprise guest, my dear sister/cousin joined us for supper....  Just one blessing following another until time for lovely phone calls and bed.

Yesterday was an early morning breakfast with a dear friend while Mama got a haircut and set...  Then after a drive to see pretty yards and flowers in town, a quick bite at good old Sonic for Mom and me.....

Just as I settled down at home to think about my next move, I was suddenly invited by one of my dearest friends for a mysterious drive to an enchanted garden ...  I was game.  Through the hot, Missouri countryside and down twisty black tops...   Finally came my instructions to ....shut my eyes and keep them shut...  We were near a lake, so it took a huge amount of trust as her car obviously went down.... and down.... and over very rough terrain...  Finally...  "Open your eyes!" she said...  Acres and acres of lovely, blooming sunflowers...  One of my favorite flowers...  Never had I seen so many, their sunny faces sparkling and laughing at us as we oohed and ahhhhed, meandering her big car over a clearing between fields...

Back home to tell Mom about our very next destination when we leave in the car:  Sunflower Secret Garden...

Today, the comforting rituals of home care with laundry, sweeping, and preparing for yet another guest for a taco salad supper...

Ordinary Magic indeed.



No comments: