Monday, October 7, 2013

Wanderings

Up early today, and nearly everyone I saw was talking about the indescribable beauty of the weather...  It was that perfect temperature, the zenith of blue skies...  Just a honey.  I stopped by my son's house on my way home to see if he wanted to go exploring...

The day took us to a local pecan farm, to a Mongolian Barbecue in Columbia, and for a grocery shopping extravaganza ...


He finished the day with an amazing bonfire...

  Although I missed that in person, the photographs brought me out of doors and into the night.  In an unusual turn of events, one of his friends now lives in the home they purchased in town...  Before they lived there, I used to visits hat same property, laugh, sit at fires, and be welcomed by a dear friend, Dana, who lost her battle to breast cancer several years ago.

Tonight and other nights the true circle of life drums its rhythm into my soul.  I love seeing her home enjoyed, and I think it is no coincidence that a loving God soothes my spirit in such whimsical ways.  I have always believed in the sanctity of place, that homes, hollows, woods, and land has some kind of presence...


  I have seen homes, gardens, and also barns literally mourn themselves to ruin, reeling from the loss of a deceased owner...  It's nice to know that Dana's deck, porches, home, and yard still see joy, love, children, and laughter.

Have a happy October week...  Enjoy.

3 comments:

Phyllis @Around the House said...

What a fun day to just go exploring, loved all the pictures especially the bon fire ones, so cool...Phyllis

Tessa~ said...

What a beautiful post, on many levels. Of course, the photos are lovely. So encompassing the Autumn Season.

Oh a real bon-fire! Oh happy, happy, happy!

I too am so glad that your friend's home, is continuing to shelter lovely folks. And ring with the sounds, events, etc., which she loved and shared. What beautiful knowledge, for you.

Tessa~

Tessa~ said...

OH and a real bon-fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tessa~