Tuesday, October 1, 2013

A new page turns...

I'm linking with Art @ Home My happy List


..........................
HAPPY OCTOBER

Turn over a new page...  In the calendars, in everything!  This morning the winds began to blow away a heavy, misty fog which scurried around the fields in front and the trees in back.  October winds, if that makes any difference.

You know, that does make a huge difference to me!  This is the jewel of the year...  Darker marina blue skies, painted-iridescent apricot trees, and a touch of chilly nighttime magic...  

Had a little soup luncheon for Mama, my cousin, and me...  Impromptu, and such great company..  She brought us eggs, apples, a little pie and a delectable sampling of chocolate...  I have a new "thing" to make...  I keep a little loaf of that party rye bread.  And I make tiny little panini sandwiches with a bit of cheese and one thin slice of carving board turkey folded into quarters...  I grill that baby, and it's a little bite of crunchy goodness... 


Tonight my son and maybe a friend come over for supper and spinner...  I'm thinking Oriental Cabbage and beef, asparagus spears, and cinnamon baked apples...  A little salad and a crescent roll...  

Have a blessed and beautiful October!  



5 comments:

bj said...

ah...October...my goodness, it's nearly Christmas...:)
Guess what I had for breakfast this morning...???....your WONDERFUL Oatmeal Cake....I will post about it this week and send people over to get your amazing recipe...
hmmm....I'll post it Thursday. Be sure to come ck it out. :))
xoxo

From My Country Sunrise said...

Loved our lunch was so much fun!!Is so nice to spend time together~~ LOve you both!~!! the Susan Branch calendar had the best recipe on it~~

NanaDiana said...

It sound like your October is off to a good start. Here, too. Just a tad too busy the last few days- xo Diana

Tessa~ said...

Lovvvvvvvve your "October Keep Calm" sign! Just lovvvvve it.

Also love your descriptions of the natural world. Simply beautiful. I never could come up with your perfect words of "painted-iridescent apricot trees," but I know/love well, that look of Autumn leaves.

And who doesn't look forward to "a touch of chilly nighttime magic"??? Oh yes!!! 'Tis that delicious season.

Tessa~

Ricki Treleaven said...

LOL Gayla, I love this Ode to October post!!! I love October, too. I like how you're getting your October on, and we're doing the same around here.

Thanks so much for linking-up to My Happy List! This post has made my morning!!!

xo,
RJ