Wednesday, May 6, 2020

Tra-la... it's May!

Well, May Day, May the Fourth Be With you Day, and Cinco de Mayo have buzzed by this week. I finished a few (5) projects, and all have reached their destinations. Here are the tags and cover for one project for my friend's birthday.



My friend loved her memory album. It was so big I had to finally take this apart and just use a 3-ring binder! Her birthday was a success!

We had some kind of storm-related power outage yesterday. I think a tree or big limb fell on the line. After all the boom trucks and saws, we had such a pain to get everything back online. Good thing my son is a computer tech guy for a living. 

About my only accomplishments have been more artsy journals and a big batch of chicken fajitas today... My goal is to do more cleaning--- always can use that goal in this home--- and fix something fun for Mother's Day. A dream project is to turn a part of her 1960's Betty Crocker cookbook into a memory/recipes (in her handwriting) book... I have seen videos of those, and I would like one.



I don't know about all this stress and upset. I just keep the door in my "attic"/mind snapped shut so I don't allow imagination, fear, and disillusion to set in... That has always been my method of coping, so figuratively, it sure is best to not go wandering around up there! "Keep busy," whisper my parents and grandparents... So I either do that... or nap! lol  I added that advice because mah kitty 'n I do declare we love us a good nap!!!!!


I am trying to not order from Aldi's too often... but it is delightful to know I could have fresh grapes and strawberries... or 'tater salad... 


Take care of yourselves. Craft room rearranging tomorrow!








Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I can't wait to see your craft room. I think now is a good time to get to see each other's homes. Your kitty is so beautiful, and looks very cozy. Cats are experts at that. I wish I knew how to turn my mind off like this! Even with keeping busy, it is hard! Your tags are gorgeous! I love your pretty blog background too.

Miss Merry said...

I think you are terribly productive! I love your journals and books.

I am so grateful that Aldi will deliver to my door. I tried to do one big order for May, but when we unpacked it, I think we are set to July or maybe September LOL