Monday, May 25, 2020

Happy Memorial Day!

Good Morning!

The house is dark, and it took me a bit to think why my son was not hard at work from his computer. I could see he was sleeping in and then he slipped on the television! What? And then it hit me. Today is Memorial Day 2020, one I think we will always remember. Stormy predictions for the day follow a long night of lightning, thunder, wind, and rain. I have been cleaning in the kitchen. That stove, though... It had been the very patient recipient of that "lick and a promise" for too long... I am thinking I want a noodle board for the top... except where do people put that when they cook? Anybody have one?





I have been cleaning out under cabinets. Boy, I hate those. It is such a wasted space to have them so deep. And since I live and work in a wheelie-chair, they are about the only cabinets I can reach. Waa waa... lol. Just sayin' though.



Another junk journal just happened. I thought it would be so perfect to make this the week leading up to Memorial Day.






Ooooops.... Somebody is trying to sneak in with the patriots!


We had stir-fry, Hawaiian chicken, roasted asparagus (WITH the hard stems popped off this time!) and baby roasted heirloom potatoes.
(Oh, and served with the nectar of the gods for beverage, of course.)



Closing with my favorite veteran, My Daddy-o from WW2. 







Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your dad was so handsome. I love seeing your kitchen! Such a pretty window treatment, blue flowered pot (Pioneer Woman?), and the red tomato container, what is that for? Our stove looks like yours, and we also have a skinny set of drawers beside the stove.

Miss Merry said...

Such a cute journal! And your dinner looks delicious, too. We remodeled our kitchen 10 years ago. I can always keep track because I drew up the plans, ordered the cabinets and such and the minute demo started, I had to head 2 hours away to sit with my daughter on bed rest. My kitchen is as old as her twins! Despite the scary photos I would get on my phone, it all turned out okay. I already knew that the bottom cupboards were not going to work out, so all my bottoms are deep drawers. I love them.

My daughter made life convenient for me with her life events. Our addition was built the year she got married. LOL

Jeanie said...

You've been productive -- that dinner looks terrific and your journal just lovely. I can relate to the stove. I got my first gas range this year and it seems something is always falling through the grates. Technically, it's easier to clean than the burner pans of my old electric stove but it seems a bit more of an ordeal!
It sounds like a lovely holiday. I loved the photo of your dad.