Friday, January 25, 2008

Zip

Well, no dog. My sweet daddy had a wonderful saying he used for times when something seemed within your grasp and then just as suddenly--- were gone. He used to laugh and say, "ZIP, I caught a bumblebee. ZIP, I let him go again." Yeah. That's the saying all right. Lucky was a beautiful yellow lab, one year old. She was in my car for just a few moments and in the house a few less. She was normal, lovely-dispositioned (I mean the dog here)... but pretty big and very very strong. Young... She pulled me (and I'm a big old gal) up and down the steps by her leash. She was snoopy and golden eyed, and she scared my mother into a fit of bawling like I never saw out of her. She (Mom) used to be fearless. Boy, she isn't now. I had to leave with the dog while Mom was still sad... and I mean sad... Anyway, I gave the girl a little cash for all her trouble and took Lucky back home. Can anybody say "goldfish" ? or Beanie Baby perhaps? haha.. So, CasablancaLily, I get no doggie shower.... but thanks anyway... Stay tuned for more weekend attempts to put the FUN back into dysFUNctional.... haha..

4 comments:

casablancalily said...

OHHH, POOOOHHHH, oh well, that just means theres something better just around the corner.

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

I am so sorry maybe you will find a smaller dog you and your Mother would like...Mary

Becky K. said...

Ohhh so sad. Well, at least you made the decision before hearts were tooooooo attached to do it.

I do hope the right smaller pooch comes into your lives.

Becky K.

Julie said...

Oh - I am so sorry that the dog did not work out. Maybe a puppy is too much for her. I have seen several times when a family can not take a family pet when they are transfered - and they have to rehome it..maybe a situation like that would yield a pet more suited to your Mother's needs.