Monday, June 26, 2023

Goodness! June post!

Hello,  my Dears! 

Not too much new here. We've just been very busy with all the Summer things. My Porch has been open for some great visits. And I think I'll see a few this week, too. 
Mostly I just enjoy each day and rattle around here in search of some calm in the storm. 
My cousin made these for my birthday!  So sweet!
My son was awake at 4 a m to welcome the first day of Summer with surprise s'mores and a rented-from- Amazon movie (John Wick 4)... He went to work and I sacked out in my recliner by 8. 
I have a new kitchen gadget, a George Foreman quesadilla maker.  It's very fun,  and we've tried a few recipes.  I made a pepperoni 2-crust tortilla pizza. It had Rao's sauce and mozarella. OF COURSE, pepperoni... I used some extra butter because I think the crust gets kind of dry... That was good.   But then I found the Taco Bell Quesadilla recipe. I've made that twice.  I'll say to Timber it down if you don't like spice... maybe sub pickle vinegar for the jalapeños... but it's the Bomb! 
Makes 4 (flapped in half) or 2 full size 
----
SAUCE
2/3 c mayo
2 t. Minced jalapeños 
2 t. Jalapeño juice/vinegar 
1 t. Paprika
2 t. Sugar 
1-2 t. Cumin
1/2 t. Garlic powder
1/2 t. Red pepper powder 
Mix all together (I'm sure I used more spice than it calls for)  

For each large flour tortilla (4 total)
Smooth a large scoop of sauce on half. Add one slice of American cheese (4 total. I used the kind you unwrap)
Add a scoop of shredded chicken. (I used the pregrilled frozen from Aldi's that was nuked 40 seconds) 
Top with a layer of cheddar/Monterrey jack blend shredded cheese.
Flap over top and grill until desired brownness.

I made them out flat with 2 crusts so I made 2... The second batch I added fresh diced tomatoes. Yum! 
Those are baby hash rounds on top... 
Well... I have to do a few chores and then get some sleep! It's already midnight.  My days and nights are so skewed!


4 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Nice to hear from you! Summer porch visits are wonderful! Happy Birthday to your son. I hope you are enjoying the season.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Mona Lisa is finally completed, much better now!! The quesadilla maker looks like so much fun! I make them quite a bit, but don't have an actual maker for them. I want to try these recipes!!

NanaDiana said...

Hi Gayla-It is so nice to see a post from you. Your new little appliance looks like fun...and great you use it to make a small pizza. Sorry your hours are screwed up though.
Love the Mona Lisa with the cat...or my Scruffy would look perfect there, too. lol
Have a wonderful week! xo Diana

Jenny the Pirate said...

Well it all sounds delicious and there is no better day in my opinion, than one spent just rattling around the house and doing some cooking. xoxo