Sunday, June 26, 2022

Front Porch Coffee

Whew! I traveled to Florida in July long ago, and I'll always recall that moment I walked out of the airport into a wall of humid,  torching weather.  My seasoned Florida host had tried to warn me. "It's really hot out there. " well,  "hot" didn't cut it! It ranked second to Yuma, Arizona... a surprising 111 degrees at midnight. 

Well... my front porch is still rather blessed in the early morning.  
So I had a couple lovely parties out there. My cousin brought down a pretty collection of festive baubles. 
We had coffee and mini donuts and a good long visit! 
Another dear friend brought a weighted tree to withstand the Prairie Gales... 
Sooo... today is windy and COOL! 

Behold! my Emma Bridgewater mug from England... as a child, I always longed for things with my name on it! And it is rare... this was specially made... long live the Queen!

Here's a favorite shot of my dad (white shirt) and some of his insulator collection...  Happy Summer!

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your things are so pretty! And how awesome you have a Gayla mug! Your ruffly red flowers are so pretty; what are they?

Gayla said...

Thank you! They are geraniums from the Dollar Tree.

Jenny the Pirate said...

Your mug is fantastic! I too love things with my name on them, although I haven't got many things like that. Long live the Queen indeed! I dread the day when she passes off the scene. I admire her so much. Your porch pretties are so special, as are your friends who sit with you to enjoy mini donuts and coffee. I too was so heartbroken for those involved in the Amtrak crash. Just terrifying and so sad. I won't fly but I'm not sure I'd take Amtrak either, haaahaha! I'm like you: just let me stay home! xoxo