Sunday, September 26, 2021

Sunny September Weekend Mornings!


Good morning! I just decided, I guess, to be domestic this weekend.  When  I woke up yesterday, I began to bake fall favorites. It seemed like the thing to do because our house really needed that ambiance of Autumn. 


Actually, I think it all started because I finally decided to organize and beautify all my recipes I've downloaded from sites on the internet.  Some are Paleo, some Keto, some just scrumptious. They were just folded and stuffed in a basket but I grabbed a three ring binder, some inserts, and a pretty bunch of coffee themed digital images from My Porch Prints (an artist of digitals on Etsy). I also used some dividers that I made from magazine pages I've been hoarding saving... a lot are from Bella Grace, a gorgeous magazine I won't be getting any more due to its price and an extremely cranky/rude salesgirl. 





I made and froze two huge loaves of pumpkin/pecan bread, using a recipe from my Planner Perfect group leader, Jenny Penton.
You can find it and some other information about the group here. 


And no fall baking would be complete without my grandmother Iona's apple cake.  I just can't believe how much I love this recipe.  It can't be replicated with any box or combo, and outside of the time spent loving slicing apples, it is sooooo easy and quick. I'm putting the recipe for it and the sauces below ---- again. I know. I share it constantly! We froze a little over half of it also....  I have no willpower, and it's too moist to keep very long.


Saturday morning was coated with thick layers of beautiful fog.  My kitty seemed mesmerized, as if she decided to search through it for familiar ground.  She wasn't particularly distraught, just kind of pensive and wide-eyed in wonder at the overall grayness of her beautiful back yard.




I prepped the eggs for my son's adventures in egg pickling.  This batch is jalapeno Worchestershire!   I dunno...  They are swimming in hot pepper flakes, jalapeno, and murky Worchestershire tinted brine for one week before we allow ourselves a taste. He will no doubt like them....  I am partial to plain boiled eggs actually, so two of the ones intended for the experiment did not make it to the jar.



Not sure how, but I have even less counter space than I did before the remodel.  It doesn't help to have ten billion different gadgets and contraptions.  I think I should go back to a firepit only and a pot and spoon..  Lol...  Stay tuned, but you won't be seeing that happen any time soon.  



Today we are having spaghetti squash with Chicken Parmesan sauce...  I have fallen in love with this squash after I learned to roast it rather than boil, as I tried to do for years.  I just sprinkle salt and pepper and garlic salt on the cleaned out squashes, spray heavily with olive oil spray or coat with olive oil by hand. I turn them upside down in a sprayed tray and bake 40  minutes at 400 degrees. Then whenever it's time to eat, make the sauce...  just a marinara sauce with lots of grated Parm and chicken pieces and serve over the shreds of goodness...  I'm getting hungry.




Have a lovely week. Stay safe and be happy.

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

All of your creations are so lovely! Such beauty surrounds you!!

Miss Merry said...

Gosh, that pumpkin bread looks delicious!!

Unknown said...

That apple cake looks and sounds heavenly. A slice with a cup of coffee would be perfect for a rainy night, which it is right now.

Ellen said...

Love it!!!