Friday, September 3, 2021

Happy Labor Day

Whimsy and Hugs! It is time to visit two last rooms... the ladies room and my studio. I have decided to stop rearranging and feeling the chaos in this Studio...  It seems impossible to create Junk Journals without JUNK! lol... I think that's a universal issue with the papercraft bunch... 
Here's my stash!










You just have to let this sink in... This is an AFTER  look at this room... lol...  I luckily took no photos before. Probably because I couldn't find my phone/camera after I got in there...

So, finally we come to the ladies room...  No doubt nobody except me will see this room...  but I see it pretty often, actually. lol...








I think my son is off work today. He enjoys his job right now so much he really might work anyway.  I used to be like that with school. It is a dangerously wonderful thing to do...  These days the ties with work are so easily whacked in half...  Isn't is odd how we never stop trying to protect our children from the things that have broken our hearts?  I mean, really...  those things were simply life, with all its beauty and terror and anger and love. I wouldn't want to protect anyone from experiencing this wonderful, chaotic, sad, and ecstatic creation, but I really believe that old proverb that says a woman is only as happy as her saddest child. 

Labor Day is the garden gate between Summer and Autumn, I think. With my own life, Labor Day brought me my greatest gift, my little boy! Have a great one, and stay safe!




3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your bird valance, and leaf tablecloth! And your bathroom is divine!!! Yes, school is a scary place nowadays. Back in my day, the worst thing that could happen was to be sent to the principal's office for chewing gum, or for a girl wearing jeans.

Miss Merry said...

Wishing you a wonderful weekend!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the home tour, I really enjoyed it. Your home is very cozy and definitely ready for Fall. Happy Birthday to your son, and happy Labor Day weekend to you both.