Wednesday, August 18, 2021

Hmmmmm...

I had to go back and see what my word of the year had been. Where have these seven and a half months gone?  I chose



whimsy as my word...

No big news though. Kind of a blah representation of a great word. I feel as if I have a ton of things to think about, do, change, be... but instead I just snuggle under my heated throw in our icy cold, air-conditioned house... a lot! 

However... I did make an awesome keto-ish pizza. It was 

Backyard Barbecue Copycat Pizza (my creation)

2 c. shredded sharp cheddar (any cheese will work)
2 eggs
2 T. gluten free biscuit mix (or almond flour perhaps)
1/3 c. bbq sauce of your choice. (I just used the Aldi Kansas City so not really keto there)
1 -  1 1/2 c. cooked, shredded or sliced chicken (I used the precooked fajita grilled strips from Aldi)
1/2 thinly sliced red onion
1.2 lb. cooked, crumbled bacon

I baked the bacon 12 minutes on a sheet pan that fits in my mini oven.  Crumble the bacon and drain most of the grease. I left it as the oil for the pizza pan. Using half the cheese, the eggs, and the biscuit mix as the dough, I stirred them up and patted it out all the way to the edge of the pan. It was thin. but it puffs up. I baked at 350 for a few minutes until very lightly browned. Add and spread out the sauce and then the rest of the ingredients, and top with the other half of the cheese. Bake about 20 minutes until it is the color you like for the top cheese. It gave Pizza Hut a run for the money! Serves ?  I dunno... Four? six with a salad and no seconds? in our case 2 a couple of slices and a salad twice....... but I think you will want seconds! 



I made three huge packs of modern gal cards and envelopes, several autumn journals, and some vintage children cards and journals. I need to start on a big ole project... Ugh... I have been crocheting cotton dishcloths which you saw in my last post, but.... my skills are lacking with unforgiving cotton. They look ugly... I can use them, but I need to up my game if I plan to make cute sink baskets for the holidays... 

I am moving furniture a little. Again. My 2022 word of the year needs to be U-Haul.  


Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Good to see a post from you! Your pizza sounds great, and I am making it this week!! So tell me, you you actually mix the biscuit mix and eggs with half the cheese to make the crust? So the crust will taster like cheese?? I can't wait to try it, wish you had a photo of it! i love your last quite!!

Miss Merry said...

"Uhaul" I love it!! I need to pick a month in 2022 to use that word. You know, to give me time to plan. I am working on moving furniture and (piles of stuff) around to make the room grow right now. Some of it has to go. Someday.

The recipe sounds great!

Jenny the Pirate said...

I think my word will have to be lazy. Because I am plum lazy! Anyway, that pizza sounds pretty great and I'm going to have to try it. Low-carb would be my word, except it's two. xoxo