Monday, July 19, 2021

Good Morning!

Margins. I just heard part of a motivational post about ensuring wellness and well-being by having proper margins. That concept appeals to the English teacher/journalist spirit in me, as well as satisfying the artistic side. But... what does it mean for us?

Obviously for busy individuals margins require time off, a cooling down time at night and a moment of calm in the morning. 

Okay... for myself in retirement, and especially in pandemic, chronic ugh!, "do I have to say it? Getting older" retirement, margins have....not been happening! My days are often all margins! Most of my pages have reverted to crayon sprawls with very little on them... My planners have stickers and washi and a few notes and menus... 

Nothing requires me to do a darn thing. I always secretly knew I am too much influenced and thus motivated  by recognition or gratitude or praise... and although my teaching job really didn't usually provide much of that from the super powers, I still found so much reward in the interaction and outreach of caring for my kids and fellow teachers... I loved them....


I do miss my students and coworkers. I am gloriously happy to be home with my cool son and our crazy cool cat... (check out her new favorite place to sit when he sleeps on the couch!) Shhh! Don't tell him I posted this!

So... today is Monday and I am about to roll out yet another plan to put some more "copy" in my manuscript of life. I suspect I will still be merciful, an easy-grader/ cut some slack type of boss... so I may well find my margins are still way too big and my work print pretty small... 

July was always a "last call for summer" since school usually started in early August. I am particularly antsy right now because from age six through the next 52 years..... this was go time! Crayons in the big boxes... post-it packs and file folders....new posters and....... print outs with ridiculous new rules to follow!  
lol... I need to remember some of that, huh?

Have an awesome week! Since I have been rearranging furniture again, I DO have plenty to do today! What a mess!




3 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Love the photos. I do need to eek out a little more margin space in retirement. Nothing like a new box of crayons, though.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love seeing you today, what a lovely surprise! your hair is gorgeous. and it also was in your photo as alittle girl, how adorable! And look at those curls! Yes, retirement can be one big margin! Your kitty seems to be saying that he owns this human. I love the two old ladies under the table!

Jenny the Pirate said...

Yes I live totally in the margins too. I need to get busy and accomplish something. Love both of your pictures! I had a poofy dress just like that. xoxo