Sunday, November 1, 2020

Happy November ... and a bonus hour!

How did you spend that magical hour "they" returned to us? I watched YouTube videos of cross stitching and quilting...  And I actually logged five solid hours of sleep without waking!!! Never do that! It feels so wonderful.


I am nearing the shoreline on that "Coming to America" stitch... I must say I was/am out of my league on this project.... Huge! I bought these stamps for my Thanksgiving cards.



So... yeah. This is real pumpkin spice creamer. It is from Aldi, so technically it isn't my brand (International Delight)... although it's delicious and worth every carb, I'm afraid...


Today I am carefully packing back all my Halloween decor and a bit of Autumn. I will use small amounts of leaves and pumpkins tending toward the white ones until closer to Christmas. However, I will try to have all Christmas done soon... After all, I decorated for Fall before August 15th! I should be in retail! lol


I think November is a beautiful month. It has been reclaimed for me because I used to rather hate it. I have lost a lot of dear family and friends in November, and some really low moments have colored its "aura" in the past, but about ten years ago I decided to just stop that kind of mental chatter. I treat our eleventh month as one-twelfth of the gift of a year it is... Consequently, November's gentle chill has become one of my favorites. 


Here's a little "blast from the past" as my son and I headed to school in the late 80's--- Diet Cokes in hand and November-chill ready. We have so much fun. Happy times...


Last night we staked out in the dark kitchen to watch for that beautiful full blue Harvest moon... Our cat was simply beside herself about what in the actual world was happening!!! I don't think she likes the dark at all, and I analyzed her that it was a flashback to the two years she spent in the basement at her previous home... oh, boy... Mumbo jumbo! Sigmund would love that! I was fairly sure I was watching first light of the moon through the woods behind our house, so I called him in to share the prize. The laugh he gave me was priceless! ... Astronomy: FAIL!  We fortunately discovered this lunar beauty slipping the horizon way ----way to the left through a different window!!! My son thinks I was originally watching a security light from a neighbor, which would not have been too fruitful...


Stay safe and cozy! November dawns!


4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I really like your coffee mat, a lot! Such a glorious picture of the snowy leaf strewn path! What a wonderful memory of you and your son, sharing drinks along the way. Your hutch is so pretty! I wish we had one, but we have a small kitchen and no dining room.

Susie said...

Gayla, I loved this post...watching the blue moon security light cracked me up. Bless you, xoxo, Susie

Miss Merry said...

I just may have been indulging in that Aldi pumpkin spice creamer myself today. We have had a very cold day with lots of wind; perfect for sitting inside and nursing cups and cups of coffee. I actually slept through my extra hour. I am great at sleeping in the morning. Not so much at night.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Love going back to Nature's Time!!!!

✨ 💛 ✨ 💛 ✨