Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Welcome, Sweet September!

I discovered a word today.


That... about sums it up. Today was such a day with early thunder, darkness that inhabited the house, rain, and an overall feeling of contentment. (A bit of a rare feeling lately, sadly.) It began rather poorly after a night of no sleep until gray/pink tinted the east.  My son, trying to be considerate, turned down his work audio to a minimum. I could just barely hear the excited voices from his computer through my deep sleep, but it sounded as if people were outside yelling! Boom! Shockalocka! lol... I was awake and out of bed. 

Later a heavy storm thundered an invitation for a brief morning nap. Well, Mr. Storm, I don't mind if I do...


It was a good morning to work at my kitchen table on planners, journals, and correspondence. I lit all my candles and scent melters at once, feeling the mojo. Suddenly my son announced: "I smell cheap soap!" ...... (le sigh!) Talk about that thud when you rapidly come back to earth... Later he said it smelled good, but I suspect he was trying to make things right. Four days to wait for his 9/5 birthday! I am definitely more excited than he is. I have three surprise gifts for him that are "way cool" (and a couple of duds).

I propped up a little blurry snapshot of my dad and me from about 1970... Many things are true at once as I watch us having fun at the picnic table in Summer. *Mom is never in a candid photo because she took them all! *I would bet money I am eating a fresh tomato from the garden washed off with the warm water from the garden hose. *Daddy just got home from work because he always wore those olive drab work clothes...... and *I sure would love to fit into those cotton, navy/green watch-plaid slacks again! 


I recently made a few journals from composition notebooks. I had a lot of fun with them. Here is my Apple Spice Journal.



I hear the composition books are great from Dollar Tree, but until I find a friendly shopper, I get mine for a bit more casherooni from Amazon. 




I have added numerous cute graphics here and there throughout the 100 pages of the notebook. Still a ton of space to chronicle one's life...






Well, the annual clock slipped by midnight as I was writing this, so the ninth month officially is 10 minutes old in Missouri. 

I hear a rumor another thunderstorm will be here at 3 or 4 a.m. Watch out, Heartland!


Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

Susie said...

Gayla, I love that cute journal of yours. I like the way you told a wee story of your parents and you in a few sentences. We will get your storms here today. The fog was terrible this morning. I let out a sigh for you after reading about the cheap soap. Gee kids. LOL. I sure miss my brood of girls. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Ginny Hartzler said...

Rainy weather is so good for naps. Your journal is beautiful; full of pretty surprises. You are so creative!

linda said...

I wish I was creative!!
Cute.

Linda