Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Well. It seems as if March is going out like a lamb...

Whimsy and Hugs!

March looks to be a wet lamb, with a really rainy-nighted April to follow for the first week, at least. What have you been doing to fill your days? We have no set routine, but I usually get in some crafting and crocheting. My son works from home, but he may see some down time in the future.

I jumped ahead today and made a little Halloween journal... just because I wanted to think of that fun time of year! She's a cute little trick-or-treater...





I have no idea what to do with this book... Maybe I might try to find cute photos of my friend's grandkids during the years they came trick-or-treating... maybe fun recipes for fall snacks and soups.






I made some Ozark stew this weekend in our crock-pot. It is a huge amount when it's to the brim, but that is kind of fun for the week's odd meals. This was filled with every kind of vegetable I could find, (potato, carrot, celery, cabbage, mushroom. green beans, and onion) I added browned ground beef, tomato sauce, chicken stock, Italian seasoning. garlic, parsley, bay leaf, salt, pepper, (little bit of sugar --- shhh!), pinch of red pepper flakes, Worcestershire, and water... I cooked it 3 hours on high and 4 on low. Finished each bowl with some grated Parmesan and a sweet pickle. Yum-o! I just called it Ozark because we watch that series and another season is out. The series stars Jason Bateman and Laura Linney and is interesting, but it's really mean so I can't really recommend it. 

Finished a few tags today with collages made from scraps I have saved. I want a sewing machine to stitch around the edge. Mine was stolen, and also my grandmother's and great-great grandmother's... Mom's is here, but I lost or accidentally threw away both the original and the replacement power cords... hmmmm. Was that an omen? 



I did another ton of laundry, but I had help this time. I guess warm from the dryer towels are pretty nice. I rewashed them, but she laughed and told me she pretty much does as she pleases when I am asleep... My cousin told me years ago, "Dogs have masters; cats have staff!" You know she's right. 



Stay safe... 

1 comment:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your journal is awesome!! This would sell in an exclusive shop for lots of money. I love everything about it. You are a super talented crafter. Your cat is gorgeous. I want to sink into a pile of warm laundry myself!! What glory that is for cats, the height of comfort. And of course they know you did it just for them.