Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Awake

Hello, Dear Ones!

I did not get that usual St. Patrick's post out there yesterday. I did celebrate with my son with Irish stew and cornbread.... (I just didn't have the milk for soda bread! Oh, and laundry! I celebrated with laundry!!!!




The majority of my day was spent trying to help a friend do her taxes over the phone! I am the one doing them with her reading all the figures from her "whirlwind" of wild and crazy records... I am not a "math" person. In fact, those who know me would say I am like a fish out of water in that area. I vividly recall sitting in my Algebra 1 class next to a pull in window (you remember those tilty kind in the 70's?) I always opened the window and stuck my arm outside.... why? SO ALL OF ME DID NOT HAVE TO BE IN MATH CLASS!  However, Turbo Tax is super friendly and she is just so appreciative! I am down to one minor snag and I think it will straighten out today...



How are you holding up? I find my spirits are positive until right after sunset, and then... instead of my usual night owl comfort and all night reading/YouTube/crafting/snacking!!!!!/generally having a blast.... I am just a little weary and anxious. I might be my crazy cat who has decided to manifest the talent to get into cabinets... I have had to knot hair ties on every low door... What? what???? But more likely it might be the fear of the unknown and previously un-imagined.



I ponder how my parents and grandparents might have done things and try to copy their spirits... theirs were magnificent, comforting, inspiring. Do I think I ever told them? Gosh, I hope so...



I was and am so grateful my son seems so happy/ok-with-it... being shut in with me and our cat! I am not sure I ever gave my mother that gift. She was probably all too aware of my turmoil at not being able to be "home." Not supposed to regret, but I could have coped better at most given moments...


However, Mama and I had tons of fun our last ten years of being room mates. It is kinda true without being snarky that she ruled! I loved it when a nurse asked me in ICU after Mom's massive stroke--- "Does your mother live with you?" I said yes.... and this odd, mono-toned, slow voice came out of Mom's bed... "No.... she lives with ME!" And that, dear friends, was totally the truth!


So, do take care and be cautious. We are all hoping for the best.




Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

Miss Merry said...

So glad you staying busy 8n your isolation. Nothing like a severely fractured arm over here to spice up the pandemic.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am so glad you are doing well...and even helping others! I have enjoyed your cute pictures, especially the sewing machine one.