Tuesday, March 31, 2020

And the lamb steps out...

Whimsy and Hugs!



March appears to be leaving as quietly as it entered, and today's sunshine made us all a little more antsy for true spring and summer. Tomorrow, April Fool's Day, will probably come and go unnoticed. I smile to remember the lengths my sweet daddy would go to fool his family. He often resorted to the panic wake-up call, "Get up! The cows are out on the highway in front of your house!" Or maybe, "Look out your window. Can you see what's on fire to the north?"  And even though we usually stopped mid-jump, he would be so supremely pleased with himself to gave "gotten" us. As a teacher, I seemed to get a lot of untied shoe reminders... funny, because I really have never worn tied shoes since gym class.



I think the only fooling I could do might be to promise cat chow or cheese and then not deliver... but that seems pretty paltry and beneath even me. Most people really don't appreciate being fooled, do they? My experience and intuition tell me this is not the year to revive my dad's questionable tactics...

2013... my last day teaching school... I need that poster today.

I have a book to make for a special order. I am excited about that... Really that's about it. So we join in flinging open the doors to an April heralded to be filled with some pretty unhappy and unsettling events and statistics. There doesn't seem to be a way around any of this--- just a hope-filled path right through the middle. Stay safe, dear ones. Even without the March lion, may we roar!






1 comment:

Miss Merry said...

I did not think it was the year for jokes, but someone shared a graphic on Facebook with our governor telling school children that this school year would not count and that they would all have to repeat the grade. Since we have been locked down since mid-March, I thought it would be perfect for my tween grandchildren. My poor teacher daughters and daughter in laws have had to learn how to use virtual classrooms, recreate every lesson they do to a virtual format and find time to video tape with interruptions by crying babies, needy toddlers and bored children. My oldest daughter teaches college classes to nurses and is trying to figure out testing with students now sheltering at home in different states.

Aren't we blessed to be retired!!