Sunday, December 1, 2019

Decembering With You


Happy December First. We were greeted with wild swirls of big-flaked snow that melted as soon as the roaring winds gave permission for each dancer to touch the muddy earth... Missouri cannot make up her mind and focus on a season for very long. My son and I both incorporated the storms outside and the wailing of my windows (usually indicating gusts of at least 35 miles per hour) into our sketchy dreams. I heard him cry out in the midst of a dream: How much do you want for this place? I asked him what he meant, but then there was total silence for about ten minutes. Then he loudly shouted: I AM  ALL  Right!!! My dreams were more of the usual kind for me... with what I love to call "visits" from my parents and grandparents. We were trying to all get in a car to go somewhere together in the midst of a huge downpour... Laughter. Lost things... Snatches of the rich life.



For this year's Advent devotions I am reading one chapter of Luke each day. My candles came from my mother's stash, and the tea was Holiday by Harney and Sons. 

Happy December!



Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Someone in our church suggested reading one chapter of Luke each day in December. By Christmas, you will be finished with the book. Your tree is lovely. And I love the way that candle is shooting up a blue flame.

Miss Merry said...

Your tree has such warmth, even when reading about the winds! We have had some cold and rainy winds here, too. Nice to snuggle in our warm houses and under the covers!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

What a lovely tree.
Happy December to you as well.