Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Winter's first grip

I had such a cozy day yesterday. And tonight with a temperature of only 7 degrees, I hear my propane dollars and kilowatt quarters clinking through all the olden cracks in this house. However, we're safe and warm. My son's health has improved so much by working from home. I have a lot of blessings and I know it...




He hung up a couple of thick comforts to keep the cold drafts at bay. Our bathroom is in a part of the house directly through the door from the heated/AC portion. We have a huge room we need to use more. but the furnace down there (four steps down to what was converted from a garage in the 80's) went kaput! It has a small AC unit I never run... I had lived in that room when I moved here for about 8 years, but after Mom fell on Thanksgiving 4 years ago, I moved up here to be able to hear her better... and I liked being in the hub of the home too well to go back down.



I can see in these pictures my vision of rolled towels has run amuck. Shocker. I don't think it looks at all spa-like or elegant... just rather wild and barely contained. Hmmmm.... Pinterest, you clever vixen... lol




I snapped my Callie atop the winter white harvest cupboard this morning. Think she was checking my work, seeing if she approved. She definitely loves this afghan made many years ago for my son. I remember last year when my son saved it from the North House, she homesteaded it for weeks. I washed the piece and stashed it in my steamer trunk through the warmer months, so each crocheted row is such a long lost and welcome buddy to her...




Talk soon.






Whimsy and Hugs!

4 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your home has both arms spread wide in a big welcome. I love everything! The cute curtains with the crow on them. Callie looks so cute sitting up there, like one of the ornaments. And the rolled towels look like they were put that way on purpose, kind of farmhouse chic.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your thoughts on my bluebird mural really blew my mind. You are so RIGHT, I see it now!!! Thank you!! I could not figure out if it was protection or captivity,but you are right on target.

Miss Merry said...

Your home looks so warm and cozy. So welcoming! I know what you mean about Pinterest. I am currently looking at towels rolled up on a wall mounted wire wine rack. Seems like a great idea in theory . . .

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Your home looks so warm and welcoming, and your cat looks very contented.