Thursday, November 21, 2019

Recap...

Today was just one of "those days! I woke up at 5 o'clock and started preparations for the party. First on my list: the cake. I chopped apples and roasted pecans, and was nearly ready to pop my beautiful old-fashioned cake in the prepared 9 x 13... when - - - It just uh....


So that was a mess. I even threw out the whole apple I was just that disgusted. I saved only my grandmother's old spoon... Next: Made a batch of Hello Dollies and set them in the oven I had preheated for the cake. Asked Alexa to set a 30 minute timer. Didn't have enough color so she graciously added ten more minutes. Still no color. Uh... I had snapped off the oven in a little snit after above incident, so the cookies had just been "chillin'" in an off oven. 


Made a pot of "Fall in Love" Autumn coffee to try a new bag I had bought in multiples and given to several unsuspecting friends. Spit that out. Turns out brown sugar bourbon only sounds good. It tastes like old bacon and bitter bathwater. Made final pot of good old Dunkin' Doughnut Shop coffee.


Time out. My son tells me he hasn't seen the cat all morning. I tried all the buzz words she cannot resist: "Want some Cheese? Cat Chowwwww! Wanna schnaaack?" Silence. I flipped through my mind and decided she had hit the door and slipped out while I was cleaning up the cake. I hadn't seen her since then. Purty sad. But today was thankfully not that sad day. He finally found her in his room where she is not supposed to go with the door shut. She was quiet until he found her and then she began to sing the Blues about all the goodies she had been offered... lol

The rest of the day was smooth and great! We are three long-time friends with a lot of fun stories to revisit. We ate Casey's Supreme pizza (minus green peppers), bread sticks, drank Dunkin' coffee, hot and iced tea, sweet tea, and munched on Hello Dollies!

Tomorrow I start the prep for the turkey bird... bake bread and do anything early I can... Fun! I love to cook.

Have a beautiful weekend.



Whimsy and Hugs!

1 comment:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am glad that I am not the only one who has lots of accidents when I first wake up. What a mess that was! But the most important thing was O.K., your beautiful kitty was alright.