Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Nope

I was surprised to find a pretty good sized refund from WalMart in my email. Unfortunately my too cheap to be true trees were actually too cheap to be true. So... I did order enough lights to do all six trees, so now I will have enough lights for probably two or three years. I am okay with the refund... and the lights... It was gonna be a funny explanation to my son why I bought a flocked tree last year and sold it (because flocking nightmare!!!) and then purchased 6 more this year. He doesn't care and has no issues with anything I do, but... it felt a bit wrong and impulsive--- although I had big dreams for them.


Looks as if my beautiful buttercream tree will come out of her corner in my Studio after all... 



Whimsy and Hugs!

3 comments:

Miss Merry said...

A blessing in disguise. Too bad you already purchased the lights. And good you got the refund so quickly. I started painting my Whooville boards last night. I think I should have started this project in June.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am a bit confused. If the trees cost more than you thought, why did you get a refund? Your golden fall tree is gorgeous! Why is it moving, are you returning it?

racheld said...

Studio. YOU HAVE A STUDIO!! That's a sentence that doesn't come along into conversation often. If there could be a more lovely concept than LIBRARY or MUSIC ROOM or VERANDAH, it would be STUDIO---so many ideas and uses and all the art and easels and waiting clay and pens and brushes and PAPER of every kind since papyrus, as well as samples of fabric and great rolls of fluffy lace and a whole cabinet of spools of colors. And the walls would be covered in frame after frame of buttons of all shapes and hues. (I've also always been partial to the thought of lots of small panes of colorful glass, awaiting the cutting and setting and sealing-with-lead-beading into fanciful shapes and scenes).

But a Buttercream Tree and dollies in chairs---frosting AND cake. I hope you're doing all your usual wonderful holiday things and staying warm and well.