Thursday, October 31, 2019

Happy Halloween

Be back soon with November News and Notes!

I bought the chart for this in Frameworks in Columbia in the summer of 1997 I think... I stitched about 3/4 of it, working each year just a little more. After I moved in to help Mama I had left it at home and sort of forgot it. After it was lost at home due to the vandalism and burglaries, I bought the chart again and all the Perle cotton to stitch it... Well, it just didn't happen --- so I came across Sally, the Humble Bumble Stitcher in England. She had made one for sale. After this year I have had, I just decided to seize the day and order it... So--- from across the pond I finally have my "Pumpkin Stew" by Shepherd's Bush..


 We had a little treat for Halloween. Some of my friends considered it to be more of a trick.


My sweet friend was just too cute not to share...



And finally... from Mt. Crumpet... this just in... "CATS RULE!"





Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Cats DO rule! And this one is king of the hutch. It snowed?! Did you get many trick-or-treaters? I like the pumpkin stew, so glad you finally have it!

racheld said...

What a treat to see you today!! We had the snow-blowing-sideways, 30 degrees, 27 wind chill, blasty winds and the porch beginning to be crusty, with only about 200 little ones instead of Last Year's 400 when we ran out of candy. I LOVE the Pumpkin Stew, and imagine it will find a permanent place in your so-cheerful kitchen or dining room. It's so lovely to hear from you. I lost all my e-mail and ability to access LAWN TEA to publish a few months ago, and if you're ever in a moment that you can communicate---I'm jrbjack42@gmail.com
And I post at Southern Scribblings on daughter Leah Haley's FB. Hope you can look in sometime Happy November!!