Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam...

Whimsy and Hugs!

Those who know me or have been reading my blog for long know this happy little clutter corner. It is a shot from my kitchen up at my old house before... It is how it looks to this day... in my mind,   but oh, not really...  Isn't it a funny thing how our minds do that?



"Time... you ticking villain. You change little babies into tired old men. Time, the greatest mystery of all lies safe within each clock. And man can only cry and fall while you tick tock...tick tock." ---  Something like that was scribbled on a leaf-shaped piece of orange construction paper the only time I went inside a Demonstration School/junior high building on my college campus called Ophelia Parrish. ???  What a name... I remember the headline the week before the beautiful old building was to be razed... "Must Ophelia Perish?" hmmmm...  Evidently the answer was no because that old building is now Ophelia Parrish concert hall. Ophelia was alive from 1903 - 1915... My mind... it is purty full, but where is that car title? Not. a. clue.



Here is my sweet  son and my daddy in that kitchen... again.. I know I just shared this a few weeks ago, but it makes my heart happy...





Speaking of ticking villains! Here am I at my other house front door about 1996.  I look the same!  lolol (walker and all.)


I am glad to see from the wall behind her that Cinderella must be here at this house instead of there.... or broken... or stolen


Wish I could say the same about this beautiful girl... It's wrong to  hope she falls on the foot of  the jerk individual who took her... so wrong.... lol


Unless the storms are too bad ---  tomorrow, or rather later today ---since it is 4:47 a.m.,  is the first day of clean-up. 


2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love this crow picture, a harbinger of autumn for sure. I think you used the right word for your clutter corner: happy! And it is! This is indeed a special picture of your dad and son! I have so many useless bits if information in my head, like all the words of an old Crest toothpaste jingle. While things I really need to know seem to evade me.

Miss Merry said...

Good luck on the clean up. Wonderful memories, especially of your son and your father.

My current clean up is stalled. I emptied my small bedroom/office into my dining room to sort and try to make manageable before putting (hopefully only half of it) back. So I got the stuff transferred and now my son is moving and I am watching 3 toddlers, as well as feeding the crew finishing updates to his current house he is selling, as well as laundry for his household as their bathroom is redone . . . And the piles just loom. Hopefully this weekend I can make another stab at it. You enter my house through the dining room where the piles are so it is a cherry sight, not.