Thursday, February 21, 2019

Stitchy Cheer


Well, I finished this lap afghan I am calling The Briar Rose. It was just an ordinary granny square with an "H" hook and medium 4-weight yarn. I used 3 skeins each  (total of 6)of Premier Sweet Roll in two colorways: Mint Swirl and Rose Swirl. I just did a little border I made up that I thought looked like a rose garden fence...   I started it a few days after the break-in was discovered because I knew the handwork would help my spirit and the colors would cheer my heart and remind me of my Gramma.


I decided to keep this one. Normally I like to give things away that I make. I have noticed as I watch FlossTube (stitchers with YouTube channels) just how many people do crochet and counted cross stitch for themselves. I really think my grandmothers and my mother did this. It was actually really relaxing to know the recipient so well.  ha ha!...... Sometimes I even like her...



Using those self striping cakes is so much fun because I didn't have so many ends to sew in.  It looks as if I swapped out a ton of colors! 



Have a fun Friday.




Whimsy and Hugs!