Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Slickery!

Greetings from one of the slickest spots on earth. My poor son almost had to crawl in from his truck. He "hates an audience" so I didn't really watch, but the decking was too slick, and it really must have been perilous.



I took a wild, summery crochet holiday today. I finished a shawlette.


Then... to satisfy my soul, I started a Wild Rose farm blanket. I decided to try a combo of two self-striping yarns from Jo-Ann Fabrics or Michaels. Red Heart has these, too.  I change strands every four rows, but the skein changes in color four times along the way.



My Gramma loved pink and green together even before it was so popular in the 80's. This crazy idea was just pure fun this grey, icy day... It reminds me of summer roses and of sweet watermelon. Pink is not a color I use often, but it made my day today!



Stay warm and safe.
-----
Pineapple Pattern... I ended up "frogging" this, unraveling it and saving the yarn for this project...


My son is working from home tomorrow so I will probably do a bit of crochet while he codes... Sounds perfect... with a kettle of chili? Well, why not?

Whimsy and Hugs!


1 comment:

Miss Merry said...

Doesn't crocheting make you warmer in the cold? I think that is scientific or something (or I made it up). I love your shawl! Ice is the worst. I think crawling might have been a great idea. It is weather like this that makes me so grateful that I am retired. I can remember pouring hot water on my car doors to try to open them. Praying for calm for you after your horrible invasion.