Friday, February 15, 2019

Another Sweetheart Day .... Wrapped up!



52 degrees last night at 5 p.m.  Then it just plummeted to 14 by morning... Big snow right now and 11 degrees... Maybe rain and ice tomorrow. When I was too young to have ever gone to school, I remember writing on the basement canning cupboard door. I could write my name and Hi and Lo, and my Dad found me out. I had used one of those first markers that had such a stink... probably also had it all over my hands... caught! I know he was not happy because he had clearly taught me not to do grafitti ("Fools' names and fools' faces are always found in foolish places;" he hammered that in.) However, he was a bit impressed I knew hi and lo at three or four years old. I stood in the kitchen door awaiting my mom's opinion. Oh, Mama... you always had my real number. "She just got that off the TV weather. DON'T WRITE ON THE WALLS!" So, that was my attempt at being a weather girl.... until now with the power of Alexa!



Last night we had a lil impromptu party. My friends brought out Taco Bell salads, and I made sugar cookies. For table favors I had bought these cute heart-shaped pans on Amazon. They were pronounced "so darn cute" by all... and the sugar cookies were a hit!


It is on to a little St. Patrick's Day decor tomorrow. We also may move furniture. "We'll see...." said my son. Funny how that line made the role reversal shift. I don't really need him to move furniture... just a lever and a place to stand...


In the immortal words of A.L.F., "Ha! I kill me!"


Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Well . . . . I finally got all my décor up by yesterday, so it won't start to be St Patrick's Day around here until March 1. I ended up making a lasagna for dinner so that is special since I don't cook often anymore. A lot of local places were offering dinners for two but my dear husband really doesn't like to go out, especially if there are "people" there. And I was overwhelmed by the prices. Taco Bell salads sound pretty darn good!

NanaDiana said...

LOL-Ha! You kill me, too! lol I to read a post from you and your son sounds like my own boyo.
I hope you have a blessed weekend. xo Diana