Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Practical Magic


I love a new year! Today was just that slow-paced kind of day that was filled with... nothing. And that was perfect, I thought. You know, the Grover's Corners Our Town kind of ordinary/extraordinary day that Emily couldn't handle...

Nobody came today, which meant  there was sure a lot of cheeseburger soup! I decided I was just too "fabulous" to stand another night in the crowded, messy, unorganized, (insert ugly descriptor here.) bedroom. No scary before pictures... You can imagine. I have alluded to the Mt. Vernon cleaning method. I read a neat book by Pam Young and Peggy Jones (Sidetracked Sisters) years ago in the 80's.They detailed the method used to clean George Washington's home for tourists. Simply begin in a corner and proceed to clean really well in a circle, floor to ceiling (pie shaped wedges), until you navigate the circumference of the room.... And of course, I move a little furniture to make cleaning seem worthwhile. I ripped out all my cabinet drawers and sorted yarn, crochet, cross-stitch, clothes, and more.





My sister/cousin made his cute pillow for me. I couldn't settle on a spot for my hen to roost. She's a gift from my sweetie in Florida. My kitty just couldn't decide if she liked that old hen or not.  That was funny.






My favorite hobby right now is crochet. It is in my nature to hoard stock up... So I decided to enjoy my vibrant stash of yarn a bit before I work it into projects. I moved my quilts (which really didn't ever fulfill my vision of what I thought they would do), and I piled lovely skeins of yarn into that
spot.



Have a scrumptious week. I have started the process called "Christmas Take-down." I don't want to finish before January 6. (No danger! Never fear!)


I had a watcher for most of the day... Guess I just looked squirelly to him!



Love this!





Whimsy and Hugs!

1 comment:

Miss Merry said...

Gosh, I wish I lived closer - I could help with the soup. I am a big fan of the SHE girls, too. I still have all of their books. And I still use the circle the room method. Mine usually ends with an arc, LOL. Your yard looks so gorgeous in the hutch. I am down with a head cold which has put the kabash on all my plans so far this week.