Monday, September 10, 2018

Good morning!

Whimsy and Hugs!

I cannot say how I am spending my days lately. I am beginning to feel comfortable and comforted in our new-feeling home. My son had a birthday, and we celebrated with friends and a taco salad buffet. He and I had agreed on zero gifts this year. Could I help it if the recliner we bought him arrived Wednesday?




I tried the pumpkin muffins with a large can pumpkin, one yellow cake mix, and a bag of butterscotch chips. Ummmm. It made a ton of mini muffins, but I was not thrilled... 


Early mornings find me stitching... This is a very old pattern called Pumpkin Stew from Shepherd's Bush. Somewhere in another house I have this half done from 24 years ago.




Finally we have a closing date for final cleanup and counter tops. I think they will be worth the wait and all the confusion. 


I had a 2 a.m. visitor come knocking at the back door... A wild-eyed opossum was checking out a carpenter bag just outside my back door, literally inches from my curious face. I did a ton of knocking, which scared only my son, who wildly thundered out to save us from obvious barbarian visitors.







We stand with a foot in summer and one stretched into fall. Our weather is cooler, darker, more stormy. 



I am finally on the list for the electrician. Or so I think. We have several issues to clear up. One will be this cord running current to the refrigerator.





I am loving the longer nights. I finished a baby blanket for my friend's daughter. 




I loved trying this new pattern. I am using tutorials from YouTube. 

Talk to you soon! 

3 comments:

Gmail sign up said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Miss Merry said...

It seems like the last few steps are always the longest. Your hutch is lovely. I love the colors. I can really tell how much less cluttered your home is. It looks wonderful! And you are accomplishing so much. Happy Fall, Gayle!

linda said...

That is such a beautiful blanket.
You have certainly been busy.

Linda