Monday, July 2, 2018

Book Party


My dear friend's daughters held a surprise party for her birthday last week. The theme was a pure favorite, The Love of Books.

We had the best time, and the whole night held wonderful surprises. They also honored me because it was also my birthday.


What a pretty table! We had all kinds of teas to choose from.


Each of us had our own monogram to mark our spot and reserve our notebooks.


The lovely miniatures collection is a treasure from the original owners, a grandmother of our hostess.


We were invited to attend in costume of a favorite book character. Here we see Mrs. Piggle Wiggle and Corrie Ten Boom.(I felt fortunte to find both shoes!)


Each of us had tons of favors, including these dear bags with book quotations on them you see hanging on the coat rack. 


We had delicious food. We had fruit, pasta salad, and later we had flaky croissants with dreamy chicken salad, ham salad and pimiento cheese sandwiches, and pie. Delicious!







We drew favorite, vivid scenes from book favorites and dabbled in water colors. I drew the midnight scene from To Kill a Mockingbird when Jem slapped Boo  Radley's house.


We had journaling moments in our newest literary journals.



Too many kinds of pie to settle on just one! A little wedge of cocoanut cream and one of strawberry-rhubarb did the trick. 





She made these cute candy favors


My friend was truly happy to see her daughters do this for all of us. She is one of those people who does so much for others and goes that extra bit in her own life to bring joy to others.



Here is the sweet couple who hosted the pary. She was so busy I didn't get a shot of her at the party. They have three children. All in all, my friend is a grandmother (Nana) to 10 beautiful grandchildren. It was so much fun to see them at the party. They had a room of their own, and the guys ate together in the family room...

Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

linda said...

Wow!
What a great party.
Looks like lots of fun.

Linda

Miss Merry said...

I first saw this post on my phone and knew I had to wait until I had time to get my laptop to truly enjoy the detail in the photos! What a lovely party and what a great theme. And what a lovely home, scrumptious food, adorable favors, . . . It looks like it could not have been any better. What a fun group of ladies and wonderful hostess. As a super book person myself, I may just steal some of these ideas for the future. The mini book- too cute. And the watercolors! What a special memento. Happy Birthday Gayle!