Tuesday, July 3, 2018

15 tons and whatta ya get? Another year older and.... well, you know!

Happy birthday to me!

Before my birthday my sister/cousin came down with wonderful gifts and an icy drink from Sonic. I now am the proud owner of solar lawn lights! I am really excited about those. She had so much fun stuff and even a fun card with a stash of mad money to spend on the paint for my remodel! And we got to visit a while, which is a beautiful gift in itself. <3.  I can't wait to reveal my four rooms! (But believe me when I say it may be a month of Sundays!)



I decided to attempt to spiff my house... just in the middle of all the rubble. As I did that, I had a distinct feeling of how similar it was to one of my favorite scenes in my beloved movie, It's a Wonderful Life. Don't you love it when Mary creates a haven for the honeymoon night in that old house? I felt like that--- minus the honeymoon... or high heels... or singing driver and cop outside in the rain...  Minus the groom...  I guess just making beauty in the midst of chaos counts. I bought this candle for myself from Bath and Body works at half price sale. It smells amazing! (Like vanilla icing on warm birthday cake good. Like cover up the dusty musty smell of opened attic and damp basement good...)  Oh, that keepin' it real. It really taxes my soul.


Then at noon on my birthday my dear friend (and book party honoree from last post) arrived to celebrate! She brought flowers and paper products, homemade bread, salad, French Dip, and strawberry shortcake.... enough for our lunch and several more meals...  We had a blast! I was blessed to be able to serve that same lunch to my son and our friend on Sunday.





She brought me cross stitch kits and books, jewelry,  and all kinds of wonders. I am sooooo spoiled!



And then to round out the night my son barbecued my absolute favorite... hot dogs burned to black, on the grill. He naturally bought the big jumbo kind, but that wonderful son also bought the skinny, cheap kind with the "hushed jumble of un-pronounceable ingredients" for me! I have always loved those fixed like that, whether on a grill or in a fireplace or at a wiener roast in the woods. With soft buns and a hint of condiments.... I guess he still needs me and he still feeds me when I'm 64....  Plus he got us all a cheesecake sampler!


We had our friend who comes most Sundays and my two dear friends who have a long history of celebrating life with us. They arrived with gifts and all kinds of side dishes like a green salad, potato salad, chips, salsa, dips...  Just set me in a corner with grape tomatoes, hot dogs, and tater salad... Is that a country song? It should be.



Oh, yes. My birthday was indeed rung in... in style. I guess so. I broke Facebook by "liking" and responding in messages (aka suspicious amount of activity requiring investigation) to my wonderful messages received by family, friends, and former students.I got Facebook jail for 72 hours for that. I laughed, but I ain't gonna lie. I was kinda ticked off.




Saturday my son and I drove to Bevier to see the fireworks. We parked close by and just stayed in the truck with the AC either on or standing by. Our patriotism is only matched by my aversion to heat...





Have a wonderful 4th. My carpenters are coming even on a holiday! Those are keepers!

Whimsy and Hugs!

2 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Wow, what a birthday! I am counting at least two celebration meals, countless thoughtful gifts, wonderful visits from family and friends - you are one special lady! Happy Birthday!

From My Country Sunrise said...

Awesome pictures Can't wait to see your project~~Love and hugs to you♥