Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Snippets


When last she decided to arrive, Spring brought her bags fully loaded! Since my last post I basically just coughed!!!  What a case of the flu or bronchitis I had, but it has finally lessened. I told my son that one day I would have gone to the Emergency Room if I had felt better.


I have worked a little on the porch and hired a nice young man to do some yard and upkeep exterior work. Mom had bought this sweet goose for us when she felt good, but it had never made it out of the box...  


The redbud is beautiful. 



I thought it would be fun to stitch with the seasons. I am loving the new charts and the FlossTube videos. 



Just a start on the flowers of summer. More to follow after the trimming is done. The planters are really too too shabby, but not wanting to paint them like my grandmother did.


This is I think the final survivor of this set of strawberry glasses from my Gramma's pink, green, red, and white kitchen. This is a little French Country witch I am going to make into a pin pillow...


Mother's Day weekend was a lot of fun. I went for a ride in my son's new pickup. It isn't really pretty to crawl up in there, but I made it! Then on Sunday we had waffles and fruit for brunch and watched a movie. I had never seen WILD HOGS, so we laughed about that. Had my personal favorite for supper, hot dogs on the grill, potato salad and baked beans. Lovely day. He surprised me with some wonderful Younique perfume and makeup.


Have a good week. I am in the mustering stages of recovery so I am not really accomplishing too much. My grammy would say I am acting puny. Imagine that! 
Whimsy and Hugs!

1 comment:

Miss Merry said...

Glad you are feeling better!! Your yard is looking great. I would not paint the planter.