Friday, April 20, 2018

Spring Ideas

Whimsy and Hugs!

We are way past the Ides of March, St. Patrick's Day, and even Easter and the first day of spring. Today I got a reminder about an upcoming May deadline.  Whah?????  Honestly, it feels as if I just watched the Christmas movies on Hallmark. I could do as everyone I know and point at the incredibly nonseasonal weather. It was 32 degrees this morning as my son left for work. 

I am not going to dwell on it but... WAKE UP!!! Without any more emphasis on my utter lack of excuses for a missed season and then some, I am prepping for a bit of activity here at Meadow Lane. 


I  used to have a very long-winded cousin from Indianapolis who visited us... with his wife for weeks on end. He was very red-faced and windy... My daddy who liked everyone, .... shall I say... Daddy struggled with Morris. My cousin's voice sounded exactly like Foghorn Leghorn. He often told a long, long tale that seemed without end. He kind of inhaled then deeply as I began to envision a sort of vague light at the end of the tunnel....  But then Morris would say, "I said all THAT to say THIS....." and friends, of THIS there was no end. That's the winter becoming spring this year...



2 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Good Golly, is that green grass? We woke to snow again yesterday morning. They say it is going to warm up to the 50's this weekend, but I will believe it when I see it. Meanwhile the stores are trying to peddle hanging baskets. I think I will be waiting past Mother's Day to see if Spring ever does come!

Gayla said...

It is green grass! I won't mention it had been green under snow 3 times!