Friday, December 8, 2017

Kitchen Cozy

I have nearly finished the decorations I plan to put out. For some reason, I just don't actually call it done! My kitchen has little bits of flair in nearly every corner. I'll pop on a couple more photos this weekend. My Pottery Barn three-tier tray holds little Lefton figurines from my childhood Christmases. These are the ones I have written about that Mom and I used to put across her mantel on snowy white cotton. She had a wind-up musical church that also lighted... and a little candle cottage. Then that night when my dad's headlights showed up at the end of our drive, we'd turn out the lights except the holiday ones... and we always hid to listen to him "be surprised." My dad did Christmas in a big way. It was a shock to discover later in life there were men who did not...  One shock of many. Just keeping it real.






A few (4 years) seasons ago I won this little Laurie Anna angel on an eBay auction. Mom did not care for her at all, and I just didn't get her out in a place of honor. I dried the orange slices one Saturday, so decided to go homespun on this little cabinet. The box on the wall holds beans and an old Farmer's Almanac. This was created by my Aunt Opal for my parents long, long ago, but I love it.  



I enjoy this pillow, but the nature lover in me says they could have done a pretty female cardinal for one of the birds.





My son recently bought this pretty 1970's Monte Carlo. It is so wonderful...in a retro sort of fixer-upper mentality. Have a lovely December!

1 comment:

bj said...

I love that little tree with the orange slices..so cute.
and I love his loooog olden car, too. :)