Sunday, November 19, 2017

Turkey Flew the Coop




Good Morning! Sunshine today and lovely cooking going on for an early version of Thanksgiving here. My extremely small group of four suddenly turned into the regular delight of my son and a friend who often comes on Sunday, so my still rock-solid frozen turkey jumped back into the freezer for Christmas or later in the season. Today will be all the delicious sides I had planned to make and a roaster chicken.





I made a craft this year for a few of my friends and family who regularly host holidays. I thought of my dad's assessment of his daughter. Mom reported to me that he'd come home to her and announced I was  "Sitting on top of a mess with a hot glue gun and some craft."  Oh, that's so me. I do love to make things with felt and stitching or hot glue, with paper and all the magical accouterments of paper craft...  But oh, honey....  I DO have a MOUNTAIN of mess...


We have a cat-sanctioned addition to the living room. I found a couple of dark green and cranberry or eggplant couches on Swap Shop. Callie approves 100 percent.


If I weren't cooking today, it would be a beautiful day to visit the lake. Although the trees didn't  get long to flaunt their glory, they were beautiful.






Antique turkeys take their turn in the "sun."  I have always seen these on or around my Thanksgiving table.



Happy Thanksgiving Week. Thursday will hopefully find me with hot, homamade lasagna and Hallmark Christmas movies for a part of the day. I'm making lunch for my son, but we may eat it late because he has other places to go first...  Have a blessed and beautiful Thanksgiving with your family, friends, or your precious self...




Whimsy and Hugs!

No comments: