Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Baking in the Lavendar Fog



I love to bake about 4 a.m. About the time the delicious scents fill the air, I can start to see today's lavendar dawn. Today two friends are coming for lunch, so I have Hawaiian chicken marinating in the refrigerator and pineapple cinnamon bread baking... Both are new recipes, and I really hit the vanilla pretty hard on the bread! I also added quite a bit of cinnamon. Here are the recipes if you decide to also celebrate these final days of summer.


Hawaiian marinade -- Chicken 

3/4 c. pineapple juice
1/2 c. olive oil
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/4. c. ketchup
1 T. crushed garlic

Put chicken and all ingredients in gallon bag in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Bake chicken until done through, topped with pineapple rings or chunks and maraschino cherries.  May add cheese if desired. Do not over bake.

Pineapple Bread

I added a teaspoon or so of cinnamon and a "hooping tablespoon" of vanilla.  One of the hazards of drowsy baking!



I had a very sleepy helper this morning. She loves to snooze on "her" angel box!






Whimsy and Hugs!

1 comment:

Betty said...

That pineapple cake sounds so good. I am not sure I can bake at 4am. I do get up around that time,but to get Hubby off to work with breakfast and lunch.