Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Movie Night




So, in my quest to enjoy each season, it occurred to me to revisit favorite seasonal movies. December 1st found me watching a truly romantic comedy with the beautiful Kate Beckinsale



and one of my favorites John Cusack. Christmas plays a minimal part, but it is the setting. So it counts.



Do you believe in fate? I want to when things are good. I refuse if the plot turns sad or ugly.


We  were all so much younger when this movie first aired in 2001. I followed a hunch and discovered this fact. Serendipity was released less than a month after 9/11. All shots of the WTC towers were edited out of it. Gone. What was the thinking on this? Would God forbid! we have done the same for The Statue of Liberty? the St. Louis arch? the Eiffel Tower? 


Well, it is a free movie on Amazon Prime and perhaps Netflix. I like it. 10 stars. I am hopelessly romantic although life very certainly kicked me in the teeth there... But it did not for many, my parents and grandparents included.

Suggest a Christmas movie favorite if you will!


Whimsy and Hugs!

No comments: