Tuesday, September 29, 2015

AUTUMN SUPPER

Had my son tonight for a little Welcome Autumn supper, styled the Paleo way..

Baked Acorn Squash

Ingredients:
2 acorn squash
1 # hamburger
4 strips bacon
1 onion
1 large apple
Rib celery
Sage
Salt
Pepper
Worcestershire sauce
Red pepper flakes

OVEN TEMPERATURE: 350°

In 8 x 10 baking dish place halved, seeded squash pieces in water 1 " deep. Cover with foil and bake 1 hr.

In skillet brown and crumble hamburger. Drain if needed. Add chopped  cooked bacon, vegetables, apple, and spices to taste. I used a couple T. sauce.

After  1 hr.   Drain water from squash and flip over. Fill each cavity with hamburger mixture. I drizzled thinned tomato paste over the top. Bake 30 minutes more uncovered.

It was a fun, new dish that we all loved. It just hollered Fall Y'all...

4 comments:

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Sounds yummmmmy!!!!

Gonna' print out the recipe.

Miss Merry said...

My gramma used to make a similar recipe. It was delicious! And I am sure yours was, too. Happy Autumn!

Miss Merry said...

My gramma used to make a similar recipe. It was delicious! And I am sure yours was, too. Happy Autumn!

Anonymous said...

This recipes sounds delicious! I also love the fall repeats and rip-off photos. Thank you, Gayla, and I'm glad that you are happy in the new season. - Ellen in CA