Saturday, August 8, 2015

Daily

We have been in the hospital... Mom's blood pressure spiked to astonishing numbers for some unknown reason. I thought to check it when she complained of pain behind her eye. So we took her to ER. And they admitted her, increased her dosage of Labetalol, and dismissed her today. A new glitch in Medicare says patients need two nights to be covered. I think she needed two nights anyway.

She feels better, but the Meds make her so tired. Thanks for any good thoughts you send.

 

4 comments:

Miss Merry said...

Golly, so glad you thought to check her bp! I self diagnosed myself with migranes for years. When I finally mentioned it to my dr, it was my blood pressure. I was lucky I didn't have a stroke! Hope things have calmed down for both of you and hope you both are feeling a lot better. Take it easy and I hope your air conditioning is fixed so you can rest comfortably. (hugs and prayers)

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

I'm not blogging sat. and sun. but I read this...

Good wishes, to you both.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Mon., Aug. 10th

Hope all is going smoothly... As smoothly as is possible.

Hugs,
Tessa

Becky K. said...

Good catch! Glad things have settled down with her blood pressure. I've missed reading here and am catching up.