Thursday, June 11, 2015

I Tried

Note.... This post is more oatmeal than whimsy.


I have tried to remain silent and think my own thoughts. ..or preferably not. ...about the Jenner issue, which I wish had remained more private. But finally. .allow me one explosion of exasperation. 

Go to Wikipedia. Key in Bruce Jenner.. he never existed if you read the accomplishments of this person. . >1976 SHE won the Men's Gold ... She married. ..She  appeared as a guest star. .. ???

I am much more merciful and tolerant and kind hearted than I sound here, but for Heaven's sake. .. whoever won the silver medals should demand the gold. .. men and women can't switch and compete. .surgery hasn't even happened yet for the last, I'd say crucial, step.  Jenner was a man then or Jenner needs to give medals back.

I have other opinions and you do, too.. but come on, Wiki ....  This world is totally upside down and nobody will say anything  ...

Perhaps it's time to grab onto the things we believe and get as pushy as the next person.  In my opinion the earth that's left for the meek to inherit will be so confused they won't  even want it. I sure don't.

Rant over.  No pics on this.

4 comments:

Helen said...

Wiki should get its act together ~ Jenner had not transitioned, lived life as a male then. The article should reflect that.

Miss Merry said...

I respect people to live the life they want to live. I just think it is a private matter and I should not have to hear about it 24 hours a day. You can't change reality. Bruce Jenner competed and won medals in the Olympics. You could add a sentence that says "now known as Caitlyn Jenner, Bruce announced he was transgender in 2015". But it doesn't change the FACT that Bruce Jenner is the one who won the medals. I respect political whatever, but you can't change a fact.

Meanwhile, how is your clearing project going? I emptied 3 closets into my living room and have been sorting. My plan is, obviously, to make the biggest mess possible. We have taken two truckloads to Goodwill, a charity shop and the senior center (craft supplies). We took old magazines to the ICU waiting (I spent a month there once - quantity of magazines is what is needed) and even filled some trash cans. Somehow, what remains still won't fit in the closets. And now company is coming and I will have 15 members of my husband's family for dinner tomorrow. So I am shoving what is left into boxes and hiding it in a bedroom. Such is life!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Read what it says, on its site...

Welcome to Wikipedia,

the free encyclopedia that anyone can edit.


Seeeeeeeeeeeeee??????

What ever you want to, you can edit it to.

So my bet is that whoever put the "SHE's" in, is one of those ever-so-very-Politcally-Correct people. Or more likely, group of those people.

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

And on the whole topic of alternate life styles...

I don't care what people do or don't do.

But I get tired of them making such a big-thing, out of what they do or don't do.

Aren't there more important things, to discuss????

Than what kind of plumbing people happen to prefer?

In themselves...

And in other people...