Saturday, November 15, 2014

To the Turning...

I have been a passenger on the fast train through life the past few weeks...months... .? Years? Perhaps always. My son's boss believes in crushing life, as he calls it... Jumping in and doing that next thing. Going everywhere, seizing one day after another. He's a really cool guy. He is also on the fast train. A different one with a himself as cruise director!

But mine is different. I think half the time or more I'm snoozing at the observation deck window, face pressed against cold glass... Trying to recall the landscapes I've seen, dreaming about future glorious 
sights, No doubt missing what's there outside the crystal glass of now... 



I'm happy to report Mama is a little better. This was a vicious cold or virus, and she has really been feeling rotten. But think her cough is less, and she feels somewhat perkier.


I feel restless and lazy simultaneously... Those two forces usually don't.... Or shouldn't collide, but when they do descend like this, it's hard to do anything except make huge messes... Restless: I tear into a closet or stack the dining room table full of holiday decor... Lazy: I drag a cozy fur throw over my shoulders, pour another cup of pumpkin coffee, and lose the rest of the day... Not a pretty combination... ( or a popular one).


Good to consider... Looking forward to a nice family lunch tomorrow----- Shrimp Scampi and cocoanut Shrimp. Tossed garden green salad with pear slices, toasted pecans, and dried cranberries. Steamed cauliflower steaks with Paleo cream sauce. Bacon and broccoli roast...



We had major flurries today. Not really the two to three inches they forecast, but dreary, blustery, whitened skies and blasts of snow and sleet against the windows. I loved it. Mama did not.
Have a lovely week. Send good thoughts, if you will, to a dear friend of mine, who could use a prayer...


6 comments:

Latane Barton said...

Everyone, Gayla, is entitled to lazy days. Being on a fast train anywhere, you just don't enjoy the journey. So, relax, have fun, veg is you want to. BTW I love that graphic. So often we let thieves into our hearts and thoughts and let them steal away our happiness.

bj said...

Glad your mama is better.
Cold here, 22, with snow predicted for today...not ready for it but have new fur lined boots so I can get out in it. :)
xoxoxo

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Hope Mama continues to get better from whatever hit her.

Hope you will enjoy your family lunch and I'm sure you will.

Just as we are each unique, not everyone can "crush life"... -smile- Me-thinks he has the be- aware-thing, a little in over-drive. but, it works for him.

Not necessarily for all.

Tessa~

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Two more things...

Nope, I am not up bright and early and blogging, any more. I write my posts, the day before. And put them, to be Published at 6AM. :-)

Think maybe *they say* that readers appreciate a usual posting time. But... It works for me, so I do it.

And, will you please tell the "story" of the lovely little ceramic piece, which you use for your Icon? And which you pictured up close, in the 3rd pic down, here.

A girl, sitting on a pumpkin... With a scarf tied around her hair...with a simple dress on... And holding a broom... Looking wistfully up at the sky... And something down at the bottom of the pumpkin...

There must be more... Certainly, to you.

Maybe a little witch-in-training? Not yet sure of herself? Wanting to ride into the sky? Perhaps waiting for her mentor/teacher to come? :-)

Tessa~

Helen said...

My dear, first on my list are healing thoughts and prayers ~ for you! (Friends and loved ones next.)

NanaDiana said...

Oh- we all have times like that, Gayla...where we start something and then turn tail and hide. lol I am glad your Mom is feeling better. Here's hoping you have a happy Sunday with your pumpkin coffee and your blanket!;>) xo Diana