Sunday, November 23, 2014

Thanksgiving Early

The weather, cooler, very blustery, and drizzled fog. Inside, we are enjoying our memory of a lovely Early Thanksgiving. We celebrated today because my son always goes to his father's side of the family on Thursday. Last year and this he has to work on Black Friday, so I opted to claim today instead of next Sunday when it seems everyone is pretty full of turkey! Loved it.
The following picture is true. I kept true to my convictions with a Harvest mantel while pushing upward with the Christmas festivities...... Kind of like the big malls who stock their Valentine candy before Santa has his milk and cookies.

May you cherish a lovely Thanksgiving... I'm thankful for my dear family, friends, @@@ loved ones, and blogland friends...

2 comments:

Becky K. said...

Good for you and yours. Celebrating together is great...doing it early...even better. Happy Thanksgiving!!

Tessa~ Here there be musing said...

Hooray for you! You got the pre-Thanksgiving date!!!!

And you are sticking with Thanksgiving, till after the day. I am too, keeping the carved Pilgrims and old turkeys out.

But I am itching for sparkle and red bows and twinkling lights and, and, and. As you will see, in my today's post. -grin-

And I jumped the gun, and even put an old Christmas illustration as my Header!!!! -gigggles-

I'm not anxious for the Sell, Sell, Sell stuff. Just for the ambiance.